MADDIE’S FUND OFFERS GRANTS
TO BOOST PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL SHELTER ANIMALS COUNT DATABASE
Sharing of data saves the lives of America’s homeless pets
March 25 – April 30, 2016
Maddie’s Fund, a national family foundation based in Pleasanton, CA, is giving $1,000 to every shelter or rescue organization that registers with Shelter Animals Count during the period of March 25th through April 30th.
Participating organizations already registered are eligible to receive $500 for each new member they refer, providing the new member registers by April 30th and indicates the referring organization at time of registration.
Registration and confirmation must happen within the grant time frame to qualify, and required data must be entered. A summary of Qualifying Requirements include:
- Must be a 501(c)3 animal shelter or rescue organization, or a governmental animal shelter that serves dogs and/or cats
- Must register for Shelter Animals Count between March 25 and April 30, 2016
- Authorized user must confirm participation in Shelter Animals Count and opt-in to sharing data
- Data for January – March 2016 must be submitted to Shelter Animals Count
- If a shelter or rescue group suggested you signed up, please be sure to list them as the “referring organization”
- Referring shelters must meet the same qualifying requirements listed above with the exception of the registration date
About Maddie’s Fund
Maddie's Fund is a family foundation founded in 1994 by Workday co-founder Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl, who have endowed the Foundation with more than $300 million. Since then, they have awarded more than $172 million in grants toward increased community lifesaving, shelter medicine education, and pet adoptions across the U.S. The Duffields named Maddie's Fund after their Miniature Schnauzer Maddie, who always made them laugh and comforted them during stressful business times when Dave was launching a startup software company. Maddie was with Dave and Cheryl from 1987 – 1997 and continues to inspire them today.
Maddie’s Fund is the fulfillment of a promise to an inspirational dog and the creation of a goal towards achieving a no-kill nation where all healthy and treatable shelter dogs and cats are guaranteed a loving home. #ThanksToMaddie